1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Doing a Graduate Dip in Education in Australia (instead of Pgce) and then returning to work in UK, disadvantage?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by gregorymike, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Just a little background about myself. I've been teaching in three different countries in Asia for the last seven years, including primary, secondary and currently university level.

However, I am almost certain that by the middle to end of 2012, I want to return home to live and work in the UK. My question is this,

If I was to do a graduate diploma in education from Australia instead of a Pgce, and then return to England upon completion of the course do you think I would have less chance of finding a decent primary school job?

I've almost gotten the travel bug out of me, would just love to do one last year in Australia, to get certified.

Does anybody have any experience of this? All advice is totally welcomed.

Thanks a lot.

2. Hi all,

Just a little background about myself. I've been teaching in three different countries in Asia for the last seven years, including primary, secondary and currently university level.

However, I am almost certain that by the middle to end of 2012, I want to return home to live and work in the UK. My question is this,

If I was to do a graduate diploma in education from Australia instead of a Pgce, and then return to England upon completion of the course do you think I would have less chance of finding a decent primary school job?

I've almost gotten the travel bug out of me, would just love to do one last year in Australia, to get certified.

Does anybody have any experience of this? All advice is totally welcomed.

Thanks a lot.