1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dog Class Assembly

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hel126, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have got my reception class assembly coming up in May and my children are very keen on animals, especially dogs so I am working my assembly around a dog theme.
    I'm wanting to base my assembly around the children retelling a dog story. Can anyone recommend any fairly easy books about dogs?
    Thanks in advance.

2. dc521

dc521 New commenter

Oxford Reading Scheme: Floppy stories from that?
    Floss stories: series of books about a border collie (publisher is Walker books, author's name has gone out of my head).
    Spot

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. Oh i love that book, my friend dressed her son as the posh dog for world book day. You could have kids dressed as all thedifferent types of dogs.

5. What about Dear Zoo? Lots of opportunities to get children dressed up as different animals, ending with a puppy who is the perfect pet, and its got an easy repeating refrain to learn so you can get everyone involved and speaking.