1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does your school offer The Childcare Voucher Scheme?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ateacher2002, May 18, 2011.

1. Our Finance Manager is refusing to sign up to it. However, I would like to know if others schools joined the scheme.
    Cheers

2. Our Finance Manager is refusing to sign up to it. However, I would like to know if others schools joined the scheme.
    Cheers

3. Does it cost the school anything? I don't see why any parent's choice to work and have a child should cost anyone else a penny towards the care of that child while they're out making money.

4. Firms can offer voucher schemes one of two ways, either by operating the scheme themselves or by using one of the many voucher companies to do all the admin for them. The fee for this should be less than the firm gains in national insurance, so they'll still profit.
    Is the LA the employer in this case, or the school? If it's the LA and they're already running it for other schools, it shouldn't cost your school anything to run it. But if the school's the employer, then either they have to get someone to administer the scheme or pay a voucher company. I can see why they wouldn't be keen.
    In answer to your original post, I don't know of any school that runs it.

5. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I thought it was pretty much standard practice for schools to offer the childcare voucher scheme - I can't see why they wouldn't!

6. Yes. I am hearing similar things from other schools in the area.

7. yes, we do

8. Which area is that?

9. Northants

10. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

My school does, Kiklees.

11. our LA does in cornwall

12. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I'm in Suffolk

I honestly thought that everywhere did it!

13. Thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately we have a mini Hitler in charge!

14. So where are you? I asked at ours and they laughed hilariously!