1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does your HT write comments on each child's reports?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gsm1380, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Ours writes a sentence or two by hand at the bottom of each report. Usually along the liens of: "What a fantastic report, you are doing very well in Year x".

This seems to be quite a big task though, as we have 400 pupils and do reports twice a year. That's a lot of comments.

Is it really worth it?

2. Ours writes a sentence or two by hand at the bottom of each report. Usually along the liens of: "What a fantastic report, you are doing very well in Year x".

This seems to be quite a big task though, as we have 400 pupils and do reports twice a year. That's a lot of comments.

Is it really worth it?

3. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

I think it is, but why don't they half the job by getting the dep to do half each time, swapping around.
    As a child, comments from the head are always valued I believe

4. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Sadly not, but with 650 reports all printed in the same week they're due out, I don't blame ours for not doing it!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ours does some, DH does some and AH does some.

6. Ours doesn't, but my kids' schooldoes. As a parent, I couldn't care less what he has to say about my kids, one of whom he's probably spoken to under five times, the other, never.

7. Waterfin

Waterfin New commenter

My school - yes.
    My children's school - also yes.

8. Our HT does and always links her comment to the children's comments. Small school though so not as time consuming as others out there.

9. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

My school yes. My children's school no (but she's too busy with her head up her a** and driving round in her sports cars)

10. My school does and all shes done is complain about how many she needs to do. I wouldn't mind she has no idea who most of the children in my class are so they all say pretty much the same thing - great report keep it up for your next year!

11. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Same here, she takes the children's comments and uses these as the basis for hers.

12. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

My HT does too and it is really appreciated by the parents and children.

13. Yep, my HT does...just over 100 to do, all typed in some a great for the ones he knows really well then others are 2 lines and general stuff linked to my main comment. In my old school of 500+ pupils the head wrote a handwritten comment on EVERY child's report. Must have taken him forever!

14. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Do all your children write a comment on their reports? Ours don't, though when I worked in secondary and middle schools pupils always did.