1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does this sound like a good interview lesson? Please help :)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Danielle1988, May 22, 2011.

1. I have been offered an interview in a Catholic school and have to teach a half an hour lesson on a story of my choice. Here is what I was thinking of doing: The Good Samaritan!
    I will read the story of The Godd Samaritan with the children- asking for volunteers to read some bits. Then discuss where the story is in the Bible (new or old testament) which book (Luke) etc.
    Then a diamond ranking of who should we love- 10mins to do this activity with their table.
    Then to feedback from each table. Next ask the children 'who would Jesus place at the top, bottom etc?'
    Hopefully the children will come to the conclusion that Jesus tells us to love everybody equally. Then we can have a quick discussion that if we followed what Jesus taught us and acted like the good samaritan did we would live in a much happier world and people would also be much happier

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Sounds fine, not at all dynamic, but a lovely lesson. Didn't you post this a few days ago?

3. What do you mean by not at all dynamic?