1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does the subject co-ordinator HAVE to collect in annotated plans?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sfm_81, Jan 30, 2011.

1. The reason I am asking is because I find my own annotated plans really useful. I can go back to a plan in numeracy from unit 1 and see exactly what the learning was for when I have to teach it again in block 2. I can also see what did/did not work in terms of strategies, and any helpful advice that I have written to myself on there. Basically it's a great way to improve my own teaching year on year.

It's a right pain though trying to locate it in a subject leaders folder with everyone's just shoved in there in no particular order!

I know that not everyone submits their annotated plans, but do they HAVE to go somewhere? I want to keep mine! Advice anyone? Thanks!

2. The reason I am asking is because I find my own annotated plans really useful. I can go back to a plan in numeracy from unit 1 and see exactly what the learning was for when I have to teach it again in block 2. I can also see what did/did not work in terms of strategies, and any helpful advice that I have written to myself on there. Basically it's a great way to improve my own teaching year on year.

It's a right pain though trying to locate it in a subject leaders folder with everyone's just shoved in there in no particular order!

I know that not everyone submits their annotated plans, but do they HAVE to go somewhere? I want to keep mine! Advice anyone? Thanks!

3. No they don't have to go anywhere. Planning should be personal and be of use to the person planning. I don't annotate my plans but then I generally have a fairly good memory, can recall the lessons easily and know the next steps. However, if your school policy is to hand over the plans then that is what you should do - Why can't you just photocopy them?

4. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

I agree that annotated plans can be a really useful resource. Plans are collected in for various reasons. It could be so that planning can be monitored more easily. Some schools ask for planning to be submitted so that classes can be covered more easily if the teacher is absent unexpectedly.
    Can't you keep a copy for yourself? Original plans are not much use without your reflections after the event.
    Carrie [​IMG]

5. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

Every school is different. We save a hard copy of our plans onto the school drive every monday morning - sub co's do planning scruntinies from these, then our planning folders with annotated plannings are collected in 1/2 termly by senco to see notes we have made about spec children and returned the next day.
    give them a photocopy of your plans if they are not being returned