1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does the state appreciate you?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by blueskydestiny7, Aug 10, 2019.

1. After 35 years service, I have been retired for 10 months now yet the TPA has still not accredited and paid me my full superannuation, despite receiving original copies of salary slips. FRAUD & its accessories!

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I imagine it is merely incompetence on the part of a state department.

Piranha likes this.
  3. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Is there a union department to help you deal with this? It must be frustrating in the extreme. If not CAB maybe or an independeent financial advisor might have some ideas?

4. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

I am sorry to hear of what is happening to you, @blueskydestiny7. Has the TPA given you any reason for why it has not recognised all of your service record? I have known people, who worked for the defunct ILEA, in a similar situation, and found that even providing the sort of evidence you have to the TPA, still did not convince it. I would like to know how, or if, these cases were resolved.

5. DexterDexter

DexterDexter New commenter

Keep on at them. I had 5 years missing and apparently wage slips didn't prove that I had worked/had my contributions paid!!!! (How else can the humble teacher prove this?!?!?!) I had to go back to previous employers who had changed finace companies several times and now don't exist. I hope you get this sorted, it's a kick in the teeth. You definitely deserve your pension after 35 years.