1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does the maternity sound reasonable to you?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by amsotired, Apr 10, 2011.

1. My due date was 20th October and I worked the first 3 weeks of term to make the most of my maternity afterwards
    Worked well x

2. I was due the 29th Sept and worked up until the 15th! Was great actually as my maternity cover started at the beginning of sept, so I didn't really have anything much to do and anyway, everyone (SMT) was so worried that I might give birth on the floor that they didn't ask me to do any real work!! Skiver, moi?

3. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

I was due on the 4th November and worked up until the 29th October (although technically not, as my last week was half-term). It was fine and I had no problems other than the baby switching off the SmartBoard accidentally. Having said that, the minute I was off I did get crippling sciatica that completed incapacitated me for the last few weeks and I suspect that was my body's way of telling me to slow the hell down!
    It's different for everybody - it can be done but your best bet is really to see how you go and how you feel.