1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does roasted garlic really not make you smell?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by gorgybaby, Sep 4, 2011.

1. I am paranoid about being stinky especially on a school day. Sophie Dahl was on telly on Fri morning with a recipe for tom soup which I want to have a go at. It involves roasted garlic, and I know I have heard tell that when roasted it really doesn't smell. However,people who eat a lot of garlic seem oblivious about the smell or just take it on the chin. What do you think? Shall I take the chance today?? Or leave it until the weekend, when I can breathe over Mr Gorgy with impunity?

2. I am paranoid about being stinky especially on a school day. Sophie Dahl was on telly on Fri morning with a recipe for tom soup which I want to have a go at. It involves roasted garlic, and I know I have heard tell that when roasted it really doesn't smell. However,people who eat a lot of garlic seem oblivious about the smell or just take it on the chin. What do you think? Shall I take the chance today?? Or leave it until the weekend, when I can breathe over Mr Gorgy with impunity?

3. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Roasted garlic does make you smell. A different sort of smell, maybe, but it still makes you smell. We recently ate the famed 'chicken with forty cloves of garlic', in which the roasted garlic is eaten as a side veg. You could smell it in every pore of our skin the next day.
    I have to say though, I couldn't give a b.ugger if I smell of garlic.

4. OMG Nick, I can smell you from here! Shame really - it is roasting as we speak! Thanks for your response. I have only put about 4 cloves in the pan though - I am such a lightweight.