1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does Powerpoint work on Active Primary software?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by loui87, Nov 5, 2011.

1. loui87

loui87 New commenter

I am doing a lesson on Tuesday - does Powerpoint work on a computer and board that uses Active Primary Software?

2. loui87

loui87 New commenter

I am doing a lesson on Tuesday - does Powerpoint work on a computer and board that uses Active Primary Software?

3. If you mean, can you use activ primary software to scribble over a ppt, then yes you can. You need to put AP into desktop mode, then you get a mini AP menu bar on the side of your computer screen and you can pick use the pen tool as normal to write/draw etc.

Was that what you meant? Because obviously you need a computer with both bits of software on it in the first place...

4. loui87

loui87 New commenter

I have a interview lesson and they use Active Primary software but I don't have it. Wanted to use powerpoint instead - won't need to write on it or anything just to show some slides on, but I don't think it will work?? Does that make sense? I'm confusing myself ....

5. Just don't open activ primary (or hide it if already up and running) and powerpoint should run as normal on the computer through the projector onto the board. Just check that you have saved your ppt as a version that is compatible with slightly older machines as when the kids bring in ppts done on the newer software it doesn't always load up at school.

6. Oh, sorry. You can open ppt in Activ Primary too, but I would think most schools have ppt. You could always call and ask!

7. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Agree, no need to use AP at all, unless you want to annotate over your PPT. To avoid version incompatibility problems, as well as mssing sound or video files, just save your PPT usng the Pack n' Go / Publish option, which will create a folder containing the correct PPT viewer plus all the files you need to run your presentation off a memory stick