1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does noone in year 2 use support for spellings??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mmism, Nov 4, 2011.

1. What phonics schemes do people use in year 2 if they are not using support for spelling?

2. What phonics schemes do people use in year 2 if they are not using support for spelling?

3. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

I do use Support for Spelling! Autumn Term normally wizz through phase 5 Letters and Sounds again for those who need it (which links to first SfS unit anyway) and then begin SfS units.
    I also have a booster group of 6 who work alternately with my TA or myself, they're just starting Phase 5 for the first time, after consolidating & revsing Ph3 & 4. We'll go at a fast pace to hopefull catch up with rest of class.
    I don't think Support for Spelling is a phonics scheme, instead its the next step for children secure with the phonic code, alternate spellings and pronunciations.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

If you compare phase 6 of Letters and Sounds with the Y2 programme in Support for Spelling you will find they are the same.

5. we use support for spelling, we use that for the structure of what we're doing then look to phase 6 letters and sounds for extra ideas

6. Thank you to you all this is exactly what I wanted to know [​IMG]

7. We are using Phase 6 of letters and sounds.