1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

does my school follow the burgundy papers?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by kingteacher, Jan 19, 2012.

1. i need to know due to sick day entitlement whether or not my school follows the burgundy paper guidelines. How do i find this out without directly asking the school? i have never been given a writen contract and it doesnt say in the letter confirming my employment. Really need to know this asap as have been off extremely ill and school are now saying i need to give money back!

2. i need to know due to sick day entitlement whether or not my school follows the burgundy paper guidelines. How do i find this out without directly asking the school? i have never been given a writen contract and it doesnt say in the letter confirming my employment. Really need to know this asap as have been off extremely ill and school are now saying i need to give money back!

3. If you work in a state maintained school (community school) then you are employed under Burgundy Book Ts and Cs. If you work in a Foundation or VA it is 99.9% certain you are. If you work in an Academy you would have to check with your employer.
    Burgundy Book rules are not just guidelines, they have legal status.

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Otherwise known as the STPCD - Statutory teachers pay and conditions document.

5. coppull

coppull New commenter

To download this document go to the Department of Education web site.

6. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

The Burgundy Book is different from the STPCD. The STPCD is updated every year; the Burgundy Book hasn't changed in years.
    It can be downloaded from:
    http://tesfaq.co.uk/home/files

7. daisylot
    STPCD <u>S</u>CHOOL Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.