1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Does my PGCE have an equivalent in the USA?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by melissam123, Apr 3, 2020.

  1. Hey all,

    Hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am being offered a H1B sponsorship by a company in the US to work in education (not as a teacher). I have heard stories of people's PGCE qualifications being translated to Bachelors of Education or Masters? Does anyone know anything about this or if it's possible?

    Best wishes,

  2. miketribe

    miketribe Established commenter

    I work at an American school in Spain and they recognize my PGCE as equivalent to an MA, but in the States I imagine there has to be some sort of formal convalidation.
  3. dumbbells66

    dumbbells66 Lead commenter

  4. RainbowWings

    RainbowWings New commenter

    There are many companies providing 'credential evaluation services' in the US. If you have already been offered visa sponsorship you probably don't need to do this unless they have specifically asked you to get your credentials evaluated. It is something you would need to do to get a state specific teaching credential, to teach in state schools in the US (which it doesn't sound like you will be doing).

Share This Page