1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does HLTA status equate to a NVQ4 qualification?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by deleted623, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Please could anyone inform me if the HLTA status equates to a NVQ 4 level qualification?
    Thank you

2. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

Im doing the foundation degree. The first year we obtain level 4. We do all the HLTA standards. However it is your headteacher that you need to approach to go for HLTA status. I have seen job adverts for level 4 and the job is HLTA . So it is a funny one. Some heads like level 4s to do HLTA others prefer somone who has been promoted to HLTA,( but not even qualified at level 3 sometimes!). Hope this helps.

3. HLTA is a status not a qualification so I would say it was not equivalent.

4. When I did the HLTA there was a minimum entry requirement of GCSE (or equivalent) in maths and English. Some of the people in my group had this as their highest qualification. There was no taught element to the 3 day route so I presume we all left with the same level of qualification that we stared with, albeit with an added "status".