1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does counselling for pupils work? New research project seeks schools to help find the answer

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Feb 3, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

2. rachidajamie

rachidajamie New commenter

Naturally a teacher is a counsellor. I am trained teacher but also studied "Counselling & Psychotherapy" on my own expense so that I can understand not only the barriers that learners face and what hinder them from becoming independent learners but also to understand the mental problems which are rising in our society and how to deal with them without fully counselling students but understanding them better, and help them achieve their potential. I must also admit that some teachers should not be in the profession when they show no care, no empathy and think that students are stupid just because they cannot learn something! We all learn differently and we all have potential to learn but some need that little help and support to achieve their potential. this is not just in education but in all walks of life!

3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter