1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does cough syrup really work in helping produce EWCM?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Mar 6, 2011.

1. As the title suggests really. I bought some Benilyn mucus cough syrup today (with the ingredient I can't spell) and have begun to take it. I've read that for it to be effective you should take 2 teaspoons 3 times a day, followed by a glass of water. I also read that you only need to take it for about 5 days prior to OV. I just wondered if anyone else has used cough syrup to help produce EWCM and if they found it worked?
    My OH is very sceptical about these things, so I always feel very doubtful about buying supplements, etc.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Haha! I finished my packet of pregnacare conception tablets and didn't buy any more - they're just so expensive, so back to the bog-standard folic acid for me.
    Have been taking the cough syrup, followed by a glass of water. I think it's probably the increase in fluids that halps more than the cough syrup on its own. I've already had 2 full glasses of water (and will have another later with my third dose of syrup). That'll be a 300% increase for me as I only usually manage about 3 cups of tea and 1 glass of juice a day (bad, I know)!