1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does certain food make your LO more wakeful?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by wormburger, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I have just started weaning (about a week ago) and this morning fed my 5 month old banana for breakfast. This was the first time she had eaten it and she ate about 1/4 of a medium sized banana. She then managed to stay awake for 6 hours!! She has never been a great sleeper but normally when she is flagging, say two to three hours after waking, she is cranky and clearly showing signs of needing to sleep. This morning she was full of beans for almost the whole time she was awake!
    Clearly, this may have nothing to do with her breakfast, but as banana is supposed to be good for energy in grown ups, is it likely that it led to her staying awake for so long? Has anyone had experience of this?

2. I have just started weaning (about a week ago) and this morning fed my 5 month old banana for breakfast. This was the first time she had eaten it and she ate about 1/4 of a medium sized banana. She then managed to stay awake for 6 hours!! She has never been a great sleeper but normally when she is flagging, say two to three hours after waking, she is cranky and clearly showing signs of needing to sleep. This morning she was full of beans for almost the whole time she was awake!
    Clearly, this may have nothing to do with her breakfast, but as banana is supposed to be good for energy in grown ups, is it likely that it led to her staying awake for so long? Has anyone had experience of this?