1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does being placed on capability procedures affect references?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by slingshotsally, Feb 4, 2011.

1. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi all,
    Hope someone can help.
    I have been handed capability procedures and I need to know how this affects references.
    I didn't have an incling that this was going to happen, it's out of the blue. Apparently evidence has been colleced for almost a year and no one thought to inform me.
    Not sure what else I can add without revealing too much.
    Any advice much appreciated.
    BPG

2. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi all,
    Hope someone can help.
    I have been handed capability procedures and I need to know how this affects references.
    I didn't have an incling that this was going to happen, it's out of the blue. Apparently evidence has been colleced for almost a year and no one thought to inform me.
    Not sure what else I can add without revealing too much.
    Any advice much appreciated.
    BPG

3. You need to contact your Union NOW and get support. There is a process that has to be followed which starts informally.
    If necessary get your doctor to sign you off too, this is unnecessary stress and bullying.

4. Union & G.P. As soon as poss. Start logging everything that happens, observations, informal discussions with management etc.