1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone watch The Hotel??

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, May 22, 2011.

1. It has to be one of the best things on tv. This episode has been quite heart-breaking and my eyes are like slits now.

2. I missed it tonight but watched the two previous episodes. The first was a wedding that all seemed to be going well but behind the scenes, particularly in the kitchen, it was so badly organised! Last week featured a couple with 14 month old twins, first night away from them, so they went to The Hotel. They proceeded too get spectacularly drunk, it was sooo funny!
    What happened tonight?

3. Hi Suze - it focused a lot on Amos, the Romanian chap. Try and catch it on 4OD if you can!It's a cracker. Very moving.

4. to! Best watch out for the pedants!!
    I felt quite sorry for the Polish chap last week, he's definitely got a problem with alcohol. I'll watch tonight's episode for sure, thanks CK.

5. Make sure you have a hanky. :)

6. bizent

bizent Star commenter

I watch it avidly - brilliant TV!!
    I found Amos's story quite heartbreaking but when his story was contrasted with Wayne's spoilt little rich boy story "we had holidays, a roof over our head, nice clothes but my life was ruined by the fact we didn't have christmas presents one year" - how tragic!

7. Best thing on tv at the moment, second to the Apprentice! I think it's edited really well, showing the emotional and personal side of the staff and guests, as well as the more light-hearted stuff. The couple that got slaughtered were hilarious! Last night's episode really made me think, as well as laugh out loud. Well done channel 4!

8. I watch it and enjoy it, but must say the hotel looks quite run down...and it's dog-friendly policy would also put me off. (Have just watched the dog sh*t on the carpet episode.)
    The place has an air of tattiness...it seems very run down - the veneer just about hides the creaking chassis - but some of the people working in the place are stars. I like the receptionist, and the manager, (seems unlucky in love...alone in his caravan with dog for company) and the new lad who couldn't make sense of 'rye bread' seems a sweetheart. The place is almost run by eastern Europeans.
    I have to say the chef with his fringed scarf/bandana on his glistening brow, holding back his greasy hair looked out of place in a kitchen. He doesn't look clean....his fingers in close up are nicotine stained and the nails grubby, although he featured in the last episode I watched and seemed a fair bloke. He is good with the jkitchen staff. I just wouldn't want him handling my food. Call me fussy if you like..but no. *shudder*.
    The episode was the one about mouldy food in the fridge/ dog-sh*t in reception /birds having diarrhoea (sp?) on an upstairs window. I just couldn't stay there....but disliked intensely the woman guest with a beak (you'll know her when you see her) who was a snob of the worst kind...stupid, yet thinking she was a cut above. The hotel was cheap - what did she expect? Her 21 yr old daughter had to hold back..I think she was embarrassed by her.
    Yes...makes for interesting viewing.

9. Yesyesyes!!! Me too - couldn't stand her. Passive aggressive b*tching of the very worst kind. If you like the hapless Romanian AE (Amos) watch the most recent episode (last night's) :)

10. I will CK...armed with tissues then???
    Oh no. It's about him? I like him....he's seems so gentle and willing to learn..

11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I Googled and found the hotel's own website. The rooms they show don't look at all like the rooms on the programme, and I'm sure I haven't seen the big stone fireplace with a roaring fire. The description of the menu doesn't match up to anything I've seen on TV either.
    I feel the same as other people about the Romanian guy, though, I'd just want to look after him and hate it when they shout at him..

12. Not *all* about him - I think the theme of the episode is to do with people's emotional issues - he just happens to figure quite strongly in this one.

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Gah CK! Another programme which I now feel compelled to watch.
    And yet more scorn that will be heaped upon my person by holier than thou husband for so doing.
    I've got a clean driving licence though... [​IMG]

14. A person's tv choices are beyond the tentacles of judgement. :)

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Thank you, CK. I shall quote you on that! [​IMG]

16. Yea I have watched. I'm more concerned about the owner, who every week gets quoted as saying his hotel caters for " Mondeo Man" whislt looking awfully like Tim " nice but dim". I am thining of renaming the hotel the " Dimson Dene"

17. A spoilt little rich boy called Wayne? Surely not.