1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use the national strategies to write their KS3 scheme of work?

Discussion in 'Science' started by mousey80, Apr 20, 2011.

1. mousey80

mousey80 Occasional commenter

I am struggling to sort out what we do at key stage 3, does anyone use the national strategies? Or do you know if the bought in schemes do? I know that you don't need to use them, but if someone clever involved in science education has gone through and put them together then maybe they are worth bothering with. Gosh it seems complicated from here though!

2. Evertonian

Evertonian New commenter

No is the simple answer here.

We created our own schemes though it takes quite a bit of work and it's still ongoing. We are I suppose basing it on our knowledge from Exploring Science but really it's the NC and Key Stage 4 determining the priorities whilst trying to keep it interesting and practical with AfL rather than too many tests. That won't be everyone's view on how to do it but at least the kids seem to be enjoying Science more for it which is half the battle!

3. mousey80

mousey80 Occasional commenter

I want to try and have a real "how science works" feel and build up skills. I want to do something that is more about ideas than facts. It isn't very easy!

4. naggin the nag

naggin the nag New commenter

Have a look at ASE WIKID!