1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use Prezi in school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Aug 20, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Do you use Prezi in lessons? I'm thinking (selfishly) KS1 really and if you do I was wondering how you found it.

www.prezi.com

Free to register if you have a school email, if not then it is free but all your presentations are public.

It seems fab to me, but I'm not techie enough to know all the possibilities.

2. natbar

natbar New commenter

Hi,
    A teacher used it when I was on placement last year, he had the most AMAZING presentation of the children's work for an assembly (parents invited) I have looked at it briefly but not had the time to have a good play :)

3. It's great, I have used it for my 'meet the teacher' session with my new class but haven't thought of how else it could be used in class. It is dead easy to get going with even though I am still learning!

4. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

I've seen it used well when you can do more than a Powerpoint, but it can also be awful. Please don;' zoom in and out and twirl around more than you really need to!
    Best uses I've seen were zooming around a world map (pics of local people, language and food) and looking at a skeleton (different body parts highlighted).That way there was a reason for the moving and zooming. Have vague memories of a calendar too, but I honestly can't recall what the content was!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Thank you all.

I don't often make my own powerpoints to use in class, so don't imagine I'll be making a million prezies/prezis either.

I know what you mean about the zooming in and out, some of the examples make me feel seasick. Hopefully mine will be ok.

6. Imtellingonyou

Imtellingonyou New commenter

I really like it; don't use it very often but find it quick and easy to make a very effective presentation. Made one on greater than / less than for Y2 last year which worked well; I've also used it for staff meetings- bit different and jazzier than PowerPoint. I'm going to try the children with it this year as you can download and save the presentations as flash files to your computer.

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Would it be really, really cheeky to ask if you could put it on resources here, or send it to me? I'd love to see a finished one from someone better at it than me.

I've started a few and have imported a couple of powerpoints to jazz them up, but that's all.

8. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I have seen some prezis and they look amazing! I have tried to make one but found it really confusing. Would love to know if their is a simpler way or a template, cuoldn't really find any 'how to' videos.

9. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Ooops should say *there and *couldn't!! Clearly half asleep have spent whole day using my pinterest ideas.