1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone remember this TV programme?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sugarglass, Jul 9, 2011.

1. I have been looking for a while and I can't find anything on the net - I remember a good few years ago now watching an amazing History series simply called 'Castle'. It went from the very beginning of the existence in Britain of castles through to the end. It was amazing and has always stuck in my mind. I know that Neil Oliver presented it but I can't find any reference to it at all. Very hard to google because the word castle has so many associations. Am I going mad or can anyone else remember this? I'd like to get hold of it again.

2. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

Yes it is ringing a bell although I don't think I watched it.

3. Thanks, I have scoured and the only thing I can think is that I have got the presenter wrong. i looked at all Neil Oliver's listed programmes and it isn't there!

4. Can you remember the channel, sugarglass? Neil Oliver does a lot of presenting (how his hammy-Scots accent irks me - but the content of the shows are usually good)

5. Hiya CK[​IMG] It was ages ago but I thiiink it was C4. Either C4 or BB2. Definitely not the main channels. I am thinking maybe it wasn't Neil Glossy flicky hair Oliver. Know what you mean about him.
    Thanks CQ I ahd a look but it is that same problem with searching the word 'castle' - so many bloomin' associations. It could be there number 1 000 000! I'll keep looking.

6. Morris was on Channel 4 and the series was a six-parter called Castle.

7. I googled "castle documentary series uk"
    Found the link which seemed appropriate.
    Then googled "Marc Morris history castle"
    And voila.

8. YAAAY! That is deffo it- Marc Morris!How did I think it was Neil Oliver! Thanks CQ!! it is the most wonderful interesting programme! I am going to see if I can get it on DVD.

9. Oops, too late, CQ's come up trumps.

10. Thanks CK Will do for an online thingy I cmight be able to watch. Are you enjoying the hols so far? I have been daytime tellying and sitting on me butt since Friday afternoon!

11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

If Marc Morris strode manfully across some wild moorland being filmed by a helicopter and at any point and said "...but these changes, however far-reaching, would seem as nothing compared to the coming of the Age of Irrrrrrrrrron" then it would be easy to get the two mixed up.

12. Especially as the hair styles are so similar.
    I do like Neil, though, despite the strange accent (which sent shudders down my Grandad's spine).
    Who is that guy who did the bits of the coast programme? He managed to hike without every getting his light coloured trousers mucky. The blondish/greyish one with glasses?

13. that castles thing was ace - I used to use it with Y7 when we did the Normans [​IMG] had it on VHS for years

14. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Can they both say 'murrrrrduhr' (murder)?

15. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Nicholas Crane - he of the trusty umbrella.