1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone lead eyfs in an independent school?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mimo06, Sep 4, 2018.

1. mimo06

mimo06 New commenter

Would you mind helping me out?
    I desperately need some advice!

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Can you enlighten us any further? Or are you asking for a more private conversation that you would prefer not to air here? I'm happy to listen if you wish to naked contact by private message, but I can't promise I have any answers.

3. mimo06

mimo06 New commenter

Nothing private..I'm just stucik for ideas.

We are exempt from reporting EYFS and so do not do online tracker etc. I wondered how people assess the different strands and how this is recorded? I feel as there are so many areas this is rather difficult to record via a tick sheet etc. Any ideas welcome!!

Thank you

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I'm intrigued by your predictive typing! :D:D:D

We use tapestry and then PIPs for progress.

5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Oops, I hadn't clocked the predictive 'naked' my phone is daft like that, it was meant to be 'make'.

Mimo, why are you exempt because our independents all submit profile data and are moderated? Even if you are not using an online tracker can you just assess the ELG at the end of the year? This is the statutory requirement . For ongoing assessment during the year, you can still use the age bands. What is your current system?