1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know where I can buy a raised relief globe and/or maps for a visually impaired student?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by senteachinginfo, Aug 11, 2012.

1. We have a pupil starting in September who is visually impaired. I would love to buy a raised relief globe and maps for geography work but can't seem to find any. We can't buy online (don't ask) though if you know of any organisations which sell these please do post their details as we may be able to order through the post: it just means I can't use amazon or ebay.

If you have any other ideas which would help with teaching geography to pupils with VI, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

2. Thank you both for your reply. Re the LA, I'm not sure who's left anymore: our LA seems to have virtually disappeared! I'll try to contact them in September though, thanks. Also, thanks for both links. They look useful. Anyone else have any other ideas?

3. bonjourmadame

bonjourmadame New commenter

When said pupil's TA came in at the end of last term she mentioned maps for geography and how she will need some time to Braille them. She is coming in on the 2nd training day and so she might know of some raised maps avaable and where to get them. Can't remember if you a working Tuessdays in September. If not I could ask her for you if you remind me in September.

4. callenclc

callenclc New commenter