1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know what the competition is like for Secondary Health and Social Care jobs?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Georgia99, May 21, 2011.

1. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

I am completing the PGCE in Social Sciences but my Sociology degree is joint with Health and Social Care and I've done some teaching of this during my training.
    There seem to be a lot more Health and Social Care teacher jobs come up. Does anyone know how much competition there are for these jobs?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sorry, I can't answer this. Have youi tried asking on the Social sciences Forum?
    Best wishes

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

3. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

If you are teaching health and social care, chances are you are going to have to teach other D&T subjects such as food / textiles / Resistant materials. HSC is only at KS4, there are some jobs for just HSC, particularly supply for some reason. I have often been asked to do HSC on supply and have seen the odd one advertised, but they are generally part time or with another technology. Good luck though - jobs in D&T are like hens teeth at the mo.