1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know the words and tune to 5 little eggs in an incubator?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by catwoman green, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Someone put a fab calculating idea on here a few weeks ago which involved using a song called 5 little eggs in an incubator. I have searched for it on line and I think it comes from a book called Seasons. I am being obesrved on Friday and would love th tune and words. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Thanks.[​IMG]

2. Earl Davids wife

Earl Davids wife New commenter

Don't actually know but could it be the same tune as 5 little men in a flying saucer?

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

The song is from Music Box, an old BBC book by Veronica Clark (It's probably in others as well). The words are:

5 warm eggs in an incubator
    Tipper tipper tap, and a little bit later
    Broken shell in an incubator,
    One damp chicken on a floor.

4 warm eggs .... etc

I've got the score in front of me, but it's a bit hard to describe in words! It's not the same as 5 little men in a flying saucer, but I suppose you could use any familiar tune that would scan.

4. Hi. I have it on a cd / songbook pack from A&C black ISBN 0 7136 4801 5. There are a couple of other good songs on it -Hello Mr Sun, Spring clean tideo etc.

5. I have the Music Box version but sadly only on an old tape and would like to find it on CD - be careful though,my EY children always sing "One damn chicken on the floor!"

6. We sing one fluffy chicken on the floor [​IMG]