1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know of any online Safeguarding courses?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by strive2, Sep 3, 2015.

1. strive2

strive2 New commenter

Hi,

Does anyone know of any Safeguarding courses that I can complete online? I haven’t completed one since 2009 whilst employed until 2011 by a local authority teaching agency. One that provides a certificate that is recognised by schools, such as .gov etc. would be better as I am applying for part time teaching positions and feel that a certificate will support my future teaching application.

Thank you

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

http://www.ihasco.co.uk/

They have numerous online health and safety courses as well as a safeguarding one. My school does some of our health and safety and safeguarding training through it as well as completing assessments. As far as I remember there is a certificate and if our CPLOs are happy that this is acceptable in terms of our school then I'd be relatively confident that it is a recognised certification.

Hope this helps.