1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone have their own collections of photos on the world of work or traditions/customs?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by steveglover, Mar 13, 2011.

1. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

I am wondering if anyone has a collection of photos of traditions/customs of French culture which could be everything from Christmas, Easter, wine festivals that you would allow me to use as a photo Profil for the AS course I'm working on. These would need to be photos you took/own for copyright reasons. I would need 15-20 pictures and prefer a short comment on what they represent. Obviously digital would be the best thing although I could scan and return photos if needs be. I can either pay or give access to alevelfrench.com materials.
    The other topic in which I would be interested is the world of work which could be a sequence of pictures you might have from a visit to a cheeseworks to a work experience in a French company.
    All offers gratefully received.

2. steveglover

I am wondering if anyone has a collection of photos of traditions/customs of French culture which could be everything from Christmas, Easter, wine festivals that you would allow me to use as a photo Profil for the AS course I'm working on. These would need to be photos you took/own for copyright reasons. I would need 15-20 pictures and prefer a short comment on what they represent. Obviously digital would be the best thing although I could scan and return photos if needs be. I can either pay or give access to alevelfrench.com materials.
    The other topic in which I would be interested is the world of work which could be a sequence of pictures you might have from a visit to a cheeseworks to a work experience in a French company.
    All offers gratefully received.

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

how about looking at flickr?

4. steveglover

I've had a look but it's the sort of thing a language teacher would have done (maybe) and also although there may be creative commons licences the minute you're wanting to profit from them there will be a huge charge-I'm happy to pay but can't afford a huge amount.

5. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I haven't got anything but will keep an eye out.
    Would you be able to post exactly what shots you're looking for? I haven't got the full set probably, but I may have individual pictures that would suit, and I'm sure some other people might do too.

6. Have you looked on wikimedia commons? Obviously again it might require a bit of hunting and searching, but at least some of the stuff on there can be used without charge even for a commercial site I think.