1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone have good ideas for Y4 explanations texts?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hcuks, Jun 26, 2007.

1. just been told the SDA is observing me on Monday. Help!

2. just been told the SDA is observing me on Monday. Help!

3. Hi,
    I used a fab book for explanations called 'Until I met Dudley' by Roger McGough, it's got really good illustrations if you can get your hands on it and tries quite well to be funny, which the kids enjoyed, hope that helps!
    x

4. s.c

s.c

There's a great resource on Hamilton Trust using game shows. The shared text (it's on their resources) is an explanation of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire', then the children choose their own game show. I found it really popular, the kids loved it!
    If you're interested and you're not a 'friend' of Hamilton Trust give me your email and I'll send it to you.

5. i used the new framework, the shirt machine, you could easily use it for a one off lesson, my year 4's loved it.
    Laura

6. I used the Until I met Dudley book. We looked at the how a toaster works example and then made toast! Kids loved it! It is a fantastic book. I also used Wallace and Grommits Cracking Contraptions DVD. Used the Telly matic one and paused it at every stage and they had to write the explanation for each stage on the whiteboards. Which got over the idea of time connectives as opposed to instructions - as they were getting the genres confused.