1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by withoutownmug, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Yes - I have "school dreams" as the start of term approaches, stuff like the children walking around the room and I am trying to get them to line up but they are not listening they just walk around a bit zombified and it feels very stressful and such a relief when I wake up. And I always have "late to school and can't get through on the phone" dreams. Glad I'm not the only one. Also - first day back I am groggy as hell! I've just learnt to go with it the night before a new term - put a film on and enjoy rather than lying in bed stressing because I can't sleep.

2. yep everytime followed by the urges to throw up in the morning!!

3. Used to be terrible a few years ago but I tend to sleep any time I can now with no problems. Might just coincide with the arrival of my baby boy a few months ago!

4. I always feel edgy before the start of a new half term and only a fair bit of alcohol sends me to sleep. Have always dreamt about school, too, have recurring dreams about being late. This is after many years of teaching.

5. Always. No idea why either - lovely class, no especial concerns. Happens the night before I go back after every break.

6. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

7. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

I've always associated it with not drinking myself senseless the night before going back to school. Withdrawal symptoms from alcohol = sleepless night.

8. Thought it was just me!

9. Yes, every time! Drives me mad and my partner too!

10. sally90

sally90 Occasional commenter

I've been teaching for 32 years and it happens at the end of every single holiday-I've never known any different !!!

11. It happens to me every Sunday night when I have school on a Monday, but I love teaching and have a great class so wish I could just sleep. I find having a notepad and pen on my bedside table helps a little so that if I wake with an idea I get it out of my head. I think I have my best sleep on a Saturday evening because on Friday night I am unwinding from the week, and on Sunday winding back up again!