1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does anybody else do this, or is it just me!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3407, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Ha, if you read any of my other posts you'll soon realise that I too worry about things which I cannot control/aren't really that important in the grand scale of things! Just glad I can come on here and think/type aloud (and successfully annoy everyone).

Wishing you the best for the interview. Go rock their socks!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Everyone does this! It's even worse when you show up and get ushered into a room with the others, some (but not all) of whom seem so much better than you at just sitting in the room.
    I used to think I was really good at judging the competition - and got every job I went for - until I went for my first deputy headship and the woman I wrote off entirely as no competition at all got it.

3. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I am exactly the same - so silly!

4. All the time! I think (sorry if I sound Freudian here) that, for me, it's a defence mechanism. I.e. If I convince myself beforehand that the others are better or that I won't be given the job when reviewing my performance afterwards, I won't be so disappointed if I don't get the job!
    These days though, I prefer not to think about stuff like that (because it bothers me a lot more than it used to), so I just concentrate on what I'm doing at the time (e.g. my teaching, answers and how I'm 'projecting' myself to the interviewers).
    I got 2 jobs last year, in which I took this attitude towards the process, so I must be doing something right! ;-)
    Lots of luck to you! I'm sure that you'll find, as I did that what we think at the time of the interview has nothing to do with the reality of it! I.e. We do a lot better that we think we do!