1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does an NQT qualify for youth work

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by gabriellaala, May 7, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I would be really interested in anyone's views or advice.
    I am an NQT doing supply work. I am not sure if I want a job.
    I am very muhc interested in Youth work how easy would it be to use my hopefully
    tranferable skills. My specialsm's are singing and drama would they be an advantage?
    Any tips or advice would really be appreciated.
    Mala

2. Hello,
    I would be really interested in anyone's views or advice.
    I am an NQT doing supply work. I am not sure if I want a job.
    I am very muhc interested in Youth work how easy would it be to use my hopefully
    tranferable skills. My specialsm's are singing and drama would they be an advantage?
    Any tips or advice would really be appreciated.
    Mala

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

If you're only doing supply, why not ring your local council and find out if you could do a week of work experience and find out about ways in from people doing the work you would like to do? Meanwhile, I would suggest getting induction completed if you can, even if you don't want to teach, as it may be useful in the future.

4. Your teaching qualification does not qualify you as such but it certainly provides you with skills and a qualification that would be seen as more than the minimum needed for working in youth work. I'd take the advice above and see if you can get some work experience.
    The Sage