1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Does a teacher have to been enployed LEA to teach in a class

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by kitkatgirl, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Wonder if any one can help? I am a teacher employed via a local private funder. Am I allowed to teach in the class on my own. Have been told I am not. How does this work as agency staff are not employed by LEA either.

2. Wonder if any one can help? I am a teacher employed via a local private funder. Am I allowed to teach in the class on my own. Have been told I am not. How does this work as agency staff are not employed by LEA either.

3. I don't really understand the situation. Employed where? by whom? what class are you wanting to teach? where? why?

4. Ooops so sorry when read back I knew what I meant but can see where confusion came from! Situation soon to be resolved . Will be employed by LEA from early next year. In a nut shell: Local primary school, no funding. Very disadvantaged area with many, many social probs. Children in Needed funded a project to deliver teaching children in a small class. This was myself alongside another teacher employed by LEA.Was informed by HT that I was unable to teach this class if other teacher was not in school. (Ihave QTS). So hope that helps, but am now finishing, as funding ran out.[ :(]