1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dodgy stomach has finally caught up with me - ok to drink herbal teas?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Coffeebean102, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I have had a dodgy stomach for a few weeks now, but not so bad I haven't been able to work. I felt a bit rough yesterday but again, nothing terrible. However, today it has all caught up with me and I keep getting leg cramps and my legs feel really heavy. Have never had that before with a tummy bug, what is that??
    Have been sick twice this morning but that seems to have stopped for the moment. Do you think drinking herbal tea (e.g. lemon and ginger) would be ok? It's the only thing I fancy but am scared it'll make things worse.
    x

2. Just realised I posted this on wrong forum, am defo not with it!

3. I would say drink it, on the basis that it's better to have something to throw up than empty retching.

4. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I am sure that won't do any harm. Ginger is good for nausea anyway and you must keep hydrated if you are puking etc.

5. Small sips of water to keep you hydrated. Anything else will irritate the stomach and make you ill.

6. The best thing to drink if you have a dodgy stomach is fennel tea. It is what we give babies to calm their stomachs.
    If you don't like the taste, mix with some camomile tea, which is also good for fighting any kind of infections.
    Both are perfectly safe to drink even if your stomach is till dodgy - but make sure you keep drinking water during the day, too.
    Get well soon xxx