1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Documents/Links showing Levelled examples of maths work/activities/attainment?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CloakandWings, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi, we have been told to change our differentiation in maths planning to show levels as opposed to e.g. HA, MA, LA etc. So for example, the plans will show w, 1c, 1b, 1a, 2c (year 1 classes) and then show how each activity links to that specific level in maths.

I have seen the pitch and expectations document, does anyone know of any others that might help, as I find levelling maths so specifically for each task quite daunting?

Thanks, C x

2. Hi, we have been told to change our differentiation in maths planning to show levels as opposed to e.g. HA, MA, LA etc. So for example, the plans will show w, 1c, 1b, 1a, 2c (year 1 classes) and then show how each activity links to that specific level in maths.

I have seen the pitch and expectations document, does anyone know of any others that might help, as I find levelling maths so specifically for each task quite daunting?

Thanks, C x

3. deanow

deanow New commenter

Minnieminx has posted this link in the past. Document doesn't suggest activities but it's a great starting point when planning how to pitch them:
    https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/learning/west_sussex_grid_for_learning/curriculum/mathematics/primary_mathematics/assessment/progression_through_sublevels.aspx