1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Document legalisation...warning!!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by sebe, May 28, 2009.

  1. Hiya,
    Yes I think those are the only ones you legally need for the Middle East although some establishments ask for more. A copy of your marriage certificate from the register office is fine and you don't have to get that notarised by a solicitor first as it a legally binding document certified by the General Registry Office. I was told this by the FCO and so I just sent the doc as it was and that was fine.

    I would personally quite like to see the response of the FCO when you try to present your swimming certificate!! :) Odds on they would just do it and charge you anyway.

  2. Certificate: degrees, marriage and birth
  3. Is that your own birth certificate an/or your childrens?
  4. childrens, as it will be needed to convert visit visa into resident status
  5. ramsaybairn

    ramsaybairn New commenter

    anyone know about getting foreign marriage certificates notarised in UK?
  6. Be careful with that. I was told by the UAE embassy in my current country that they can only legalise certificates from the country the embassy is in.
  7. bigfatgit

    bigfatgit Occasional commenter

    Hippo, did you check out your new school on your beloved ISR? Not pleasant reading
  8. geckopoo

    geckopoo New commenter

    You cannot get foreign marriage certificates notarised in the UK, they have to be done in the country where you got married. We did ours before we left, but maybe the embassy of the country you got married in might be able to help.

Share This Page