1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Doctorate in Education

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by wombat74, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I have been in Middle Management for several years now, and am looking for a new challenge. My school is offering to part-fund a Doctorate in Education (in this case, at Middlesex). Does anyone have any direct experience of completing one of these? I'd be grateful for any insider-info, advice or experiences! Thanks, Emma

2. I have been in Middle Management for several years now, and am looking for a new challenge. My school is offering to part-fund a Doctorate in Education (in this case, at Middlesex). Does anyone have any direct experience of completing one of these? I'd be grateful for any insider-info, advice or experiences! Thanks, Emma

3. <font size="2"><font size="2">Hi Emma, I am also looking into a doctorate in education. I have completed my MEd in Arts, Culture and Education at Cambridge and my research was on creativity and self-regulatory motivation (SRM) and I am hoping to further my academic experience by pursuing a doctorate. Please let me know how you went about to secure some funding from your school and how much is the doctorate costing you? how many years? and finally are you undertaken an action research PHD?</font><font size="2">Look forward to hearing from you,</font><font size="2">Best regards,</font> Ricardo
    </font>

4. Hi Ricardo,

The school where I work is offering half the the funding (£900 p.a) to eligible candidates (those with more than five years' teaching experience and a Masters degree). The course is not a PhD, as such, but an EdD - it has equivalent value but is specifically designed for practising teachers. It has a taught element (one seminar a month) and runs over four years. The particular course being offered is at Middlesex University.

Emma

5. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Occasional commenter Forum guide

Did you decide to do it? How's it going?