1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do your students play mobile phone in class ?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jyg2, Jul 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

what kind of advice to you have for me

2. drvs

drvs Star commenter

No.

3. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Are students playing anything in your class?

What advice do you seek?

4. nixmith

nixmith Occasional commenter

I assume you are not in France?

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Follow the school policy to the letter.

captain scarlet and les25paul like this.
  7. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Tell the student to put their phone away and when this is met with glazed stares and slack jaws, take the phone away from them and put in your teacher drawer, quite possibly as school policy, ready to be returned at the end of the lesson.
    Immediately cancel your after-school plans in preparation for the meeting to which you will be called because a parent has complained, and kiss your self-confidence goodbye as the follow up to this meeting will be numerous observations to demonstrate that your lessons lack motivation and therefore compel the students to play on their phones instead of progressing in your class.
    In five years' time, you are likely to be served in a shop by the student whose phone you removed and who then went to complain to their parent, at which point you can finally achieve some form of redress by standing there at the checkout playing on your phone and inciting the queue to British Shuffling, rather than reaching for your wallet in the customary shoppers' tradition.

mothorchid, racroesus and kibosh like this.
  8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

9. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

No and hell no. The day my teaching's not better than whatever they're getting from their phones, I'll retire.

racroesus likes this.