1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do your pets sleep with you?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by princessdiaries, May 3, 2011.

1. OH insists this is a disgusting practice and unhygienic! Who else shares their bed with their cat or dog?

2. OH insists this is a disgusting practice and unhygienic! Who else shares their bed with their cat or dog?

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

God, NO! I've got a heffalump of a spaniel and a wailing monster of a cat, I wouldn't get a moments peace ( plus I DO think it's unhygienic too!)

4. Our cat sometimes sleeps on our bed...usually when my husband is nights...I always have the bedroom door open when he is nights and he has it shut when he`s there! I find it quite comforting. She often sleeps on my son`s bed too.

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Our dogs sleep in our bedroom. They have two huge dog beds under the radiator - not sure why we bought them two because they always share.
    They aren't allowed in the bed - two lurchers with their gangly sticky out legs and there would be no room for us!

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

As my dog has sold his **** to Satan, no!!!!

7. PMSL.
    My dog always sleeps on my bed, in fact he thinks I'm intruding in his bed.
    He's 14 now and I've caught nowt off him yet.

8. I always have at least one of my cats on my bed, sometimes two. My son will have them if they are not on my bed. They come to bed at the same time as us and stay asleep till morning. My 20 week old kitten seems to have a very accurate sense of time and will wake me up in the morning purring madly always at roughly the same time never more than ten minutes difference each day.

9. My cats sometimes sleep on the bed, and sometimes dont. I must admit, I like it when they do as I feel loved!
    The unhygienic argument is codswallop - cats are one of the cleanest animals on the planet as a general rule. Older cats maybe less so, and also I wouldn't really want a dog that drooled etc on my bed.

10. My dog doesn't drool - just licks, a lot ... [​IMG]

11. Yep - the dog and cat fight for the prized position of dead between the pair of us on a "who gets there first gets dibs" basis (cat plays dirty and deploys swipes of evil paws). Then when they're sure the human pets are asleep they both vanish - cat to hog the sofa downstairs, dog to the foot of the bed to sprawl out and wave his legs around frantically all night.
    Makes us happy curled up with dopey doggy face looking adoringly up at us - so don't really give two hoots what anyone else thinks really.

12. Sorry but it disgusts me more than I can say that a human would share a bed with an animal, even a domestic one. Revolting.

13. My cat sleeps on the bed not in it....I draw the line at that!

14. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Hmmm. what lovely animals...licking their ***, sleeping on your bed, and licking you too.
    Shudder!

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Prepare to be disgusted at me then, Lil! [​IMG]

16. Yes but you don't just sit there and be licked tolkein, I just say "no" to mine and push her away. Dogs are lovely animals in fact - always pleased to see you!

17. Whoops, sorry! JACOB not toilkein. Or whoever you all are, I'm tired ...

18. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Remember the band Three Dog Night? Can you guess where they got the name from??? [​IMG]

19. No, no way, no, never, not at all, yuck

20. My dog sleeps in bed when my OH is away, and sleeps in his own bed when OH is here. The dug knows the rules. The first night that OH went away last time and I said "Bed", he charged for the bedroom, wagging his tail!