1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you tidy up in the evening?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sea_pink, Mar 24, 2011.

1. I do. I hate mess.

2. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Tidy up? Sorry, I don't know what you mean. It's not something that happens in my house.

3. Oh how I wish there was a 'like' button!

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Nope, my living room is my office and always seems to look like a paper bomb has exploded. As much as I'd love the place to look super tidy I've got used to the fact it never will x

5. Only so that there is enough room to put a coffee cup down first thing in the morning without fear of spillage!!

6. Never. I like the idea of coming down in the morning to a tidy kitchen but I am too tired in the evenings to do anything other than cook and eat supper. I do get up very early though, around 5.30 ish, and tackle it all then.

7. mychuck

mychuck New commenter

I have a quick tidy round in the morning before work. Unfortunately, my mum always told me to have clean underwear incase you were involved in an accident and that sort of stretched to tidy your house incase you never return.
    Before I go on holiday I have a mad clean and bleach everywhere incase we never come back - 'you don't want people thinking you're dirty' [ mum's little voice in my head]. I know that it wouldn't matter and that I wouldn't be there to suffer 'the shame', but I still do it.

8. mychuck

mychuck New commenter

Ohhh...my first 100 posts!! Deserves a treat tonight I think.[​IMG]

9. I always tidy up before I go to bed and clean up the kitchen. I find it profoundly depressing to start a new day in a load of mess and clutter. I always clear and tidy my office before I leave for the weekend too.

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I don't usually but our house is on the market and we keep having to tidy up for viewings. I am discovering that it doesn't take long and it is nicer than living in a pit. Perhaps I might keep this up.....

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I do too. I really hate it. It's wrong. A new day should be clean and sparkly, not filled with yesterday's to do list. Mind you in saying all that, if i lived alone I'd be pretty much on top of things . . . .. . but Mr K don't share this particular list of priorities.

12. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

That's what I thought! Never managed it though.[​IMG]

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Snap. But in our case it's me, who, until the latest quiet, threatening words of doom, has done the house prep for viewings. This is all going to change of course . . . . yeah, right!
    Perhaps when my e-cig fails to deliver the goods I will become 'angry woman', and kick as$.