1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think your creative? Is creativity important in Education?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hjc87, Jun 16, 2011.

My name is Hazel Colbe, I am a postgraduate student, studying towards a
    Masters in Organisational Psychology at Manchester Business School. And I think
    creativity is important in schools which is why I am investigating teachers
    creativity.

I am inviting Primary School Teachers, teaching in English State schools
    to take part in my study. As a reward for taking part in this study you will receive
    a FREE creative profile which
    retails at £50.

Just click on the link below and your on your way to your FREE profile!

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage">http://mbs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9zCKRyNfP0mh4zO</h6>
    I am hoping to get over 300 participants so please pass it on.

Thank you!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Why on earth, for the first questionnaire, do I need to give you my full name, email and date of birth? What earthly use is any of that?

I was very keen to participate until I saw that. Not a hope now, sorry.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I agree I closed the questionnaire

4. I think good grammar is important in education (knowing the difference between 'your' and 'you're', for example).

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I think competent punctuation is important too.

6. Augh - can't see where my punctuation is wrong. (Always said literacy was my worst subject.)
    Ils - please explain.

7. roddywoomble

roddywoomble New commenter

I think they were suggesting the comma should have been inside the inverted comma. People really will jump all over your grammar on these boards. I must say, something which surprised me the other day when observing a Y3/4 teacher (I'm a student) teaching an otherwise brilliant literacy lesson was that she capitalised all of her nouns - for example, park, church. I didn't dare say anything though!

8. i don't think it should have - that wouldn't have made sense at all, as far as i can see - try re-typing it like that - it really doesn't work.

9. thehawk

thehawk New commenter

Were the punctuation mistakes in the OP's paragraphs?

10. roddywoomble

roddywoomble New commenter

I think the rules are different for certain things. You were right to put the full stop outside of the brackets because your complete sentence included what you had written in the bracket. I have read that this rule doesn't apply to inverted commas and speech marks - weird! Although, I personally think it's one of those small, insignificant details which doesn't really matter when it comes down to it!

11. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Apologies, florapost. I was referring to the OP's punctuation.

12. cheers!!

13. Msz

Msz Established commenter

14. For real? Unless she's German..?
    Creativity is important: enthusing children in exciting, engaging lessons is vital in good learning. However, English grammar rules are actually not that difficult. If primary teachers are going to make such basic errors, how can we expect children to get it right?

15. I understand that may be alarming but as stated in the instructions this is purely so I can match your responses to both the questionnaires. Once this has been done all personal information will be removed from my files. Also providing your email address allows you to receive your FREE creative profile.

16. Thank you for pointing that out, I suffer from dyslexia and didnt have this message proof read before I posted it.

17. wouldn't email alone be enough for both purposes?

18. In regards to the personal information, as I have stressed before I do understand your concerns but I can 100% assure you that all personal information is only used to match the questionnaires and upon this will be removed from the data completely. One questionnaire has been developed by myself and the other is from my dissertation supervisors research and therefore I need to be able to match both questionnaire together and as the second questionnaire requires Name and Email it seemed most appropriate to do this in the first questionnaire.
    <font size="2">If you are not happy about giving your name you can always use an alias name just make sure to use the same in both questionnaires. In terms of email address this does need to be provided in order to receive your FREE creative profile. The creative profile is the ONLY email your will receive through participation of this study.</font>

19. I have done your questionaire. I hope it all goes well. Perhaps some posters should remember when they were doing their degree. Did they do it with no support from the education community. I read so many people asking for others plans, help with OFSTED lessons etc on the forums. Have people just got tired of helping each other out. I hope others take part and you get the grade your university thinks you deserve.

20. I wanted to do your questionnaire but cannot as I do not teach in England. Good luck with your research.