1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think you'll get anything on Mother's Day?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

If you are a mother, that is. Do your offspring acknowledge you?

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I'm not a mother but I was thinking about this today. I get the impression that my Mum things she should get a present but I just get her a card. Does that make me a bad daughter?

3. I may get a card but am more likely to get phones calls which I like.

4. I don't think it. I know it.
    Although Mother's Day here is not until May.
    But I always get something homemade, plus cards, also homemade, plus they spoil me all day from breakfast till beddie byes.
    I never need to remind them that Mother's Day is coming up.
    Not yet, anyway.

5. Not even a bunch of flowers?

6. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

I'll get whatever the kids make at school. OH will faff about, panic, then get me a bunch of flowers on Monday while I'm in the staff meeting.
    I'll send mu mum a card. In fact, must get it in the post tomorrow, or my name will be mud...

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

The cat always gets me something.

8. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Cariadlet made me a card at Brownies which she's hidden in her bedroom. That'll be nice, but what I'm really hoping for is a lie-in on Sunday morning.

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

My mother phoned today to thank me for the flowers(Flying Flowers), I'll get nothing because I've never had a child and my Libyan 'sons' are not in a postition to send anything.

10. Sent flowers to Mum yesterday, bought some pottery mushrooms for MiL at a fair we went to last weekend

An amazon package arrived yesterday and then disappeared upstairs so I am hopeful [​IMG]

11. I am a EVIL step-mother. Not expecting anything.

12. Son2 has already asked me if I would rather not have chocolate since I'm on a diet, so I presume he's planning something else. Son1 always used to get me a prez but his missis only gets her mother a card so now he only gets me a card! But he does come round to deliver it in person. Daughter rings and sends flowers, even though I always say "send them a week earlier/later and pay half!"

13. No, but I'm not a mother!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Are you giving your mother anything?

15. Will get card ,pressie and phone call. Lovely.

16. No kids so nothing for me... My Mum is no longer with us so not giving anything... I'm usually a bit low on the day cause I miss her...so special hugs to all who would love to spend a fortune on their mums but can't for whatever reason....

17. Are you giving your mother anything?
    [/quote]

My mother died in 1974 :) So no, I'm not.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Could you perhaps buy a plant or some flowers to have in your home in memory of her? Or maybe light a candle?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm sorry! That was insensitive of me.

20. No problem, nutella.
    I was 17 when she died and it still hurts.