1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you reckon Lord Lucan is really dead?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Why does his son need his father's death certificate to inherit the title anyway? Surely the fact that he hasn't clocked on at the House of Lords since November 1974 means he ought to have been sacked by now?

2. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Lord Lucan is absolutely fine, and has been living quietly in my aviary for quite some time now. Seems to have had a sex change and is now female, but she is doing well and will be winging away shortly hopefully. :)

Ask @rosievoice !!!! ;) :D

cissy3 and Didactylos4 like this.
  3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

No, he's riding Shergar with Jimmy Hoffa round D.B Cooper's ranch

Cue google searches for D.B. Cooper...

magic surf bus likes this.
  4. eggyspice

eggyspice Occasional commenter

He must have had his three score years and ten, so I imagine so.

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

It's true! I know all about it. His Lordship was male but is now female, and has a very healthy appetite. :D:D

Motherofchikkins likes this.
  6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Even if he's still alive, he's dead according to the law.

7. Duke of York

The sort of appetite that puts on 11lbs over Christmas?

8. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Does someone need to have their trousers "let out" a little??

9. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

I have lost two friends to alcoholism in the last year, both in their very early 60s. If Lucan is still alive, Satan is protecting him to further acts of Godly Disobedience
    If someone would like to pass on my number to Satan....

10. eggyspice

eggyspice Occasional commenter

Having done "dry January and a bit of February" I reckon that's four Hail Marys and a few Lord's Prayers to me. I expect I have lost a stone and extended my life by at least two minutes, which I will need to tell someone where the will is.

11. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Tschah! I nearly done dry jan, failed after 8 days, but only by a small quantity, after the funeral of a friend, at which although there was a free bar, I felt obliged to decline on the basis I was driving, so raised one in ironic good health (she died of alcoholism) when I got home because it had been such a sad day. Failed further a week later by an amount it would have looked rude to decline upon the occasion, and once more because I just fancied one. So had three.
    So shoot me.

12. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

i gather you have some very notorious characters amongst your feathered friends ;):)

13. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

He was kidnapped by aliens and lives on Planet Zartog with Elvis, Whacko Jacko and the pilots of Flight 19.

14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I don't wear trousers!

15. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

It doesn't follow

16. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

So what happened to the other crew of Flight 19?

What I don't get is why is it so difficult to get someone like Lucan declared dead when it is so easy for the banks to declare someone dead and cancel all their bank accounts?

racroesus likes this.
  17. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Oh, you have no idea........ ;)

18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Probably snuffed it years ago but then I really don't care.
    Nor do I care if, as reported today, he hired a hitman to murder the nanny, he's still guilty as **ck.

19. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Wikipedia says:

"presumed dead in 1981, declared dead for probate purposes in 1999, death certificate issued in 2016"

How the other half die eh?

He'd be 81 now.

racroesus likes this.
  20. Duke of York

And could probably get away without facing a murder trial on the grounds of dementia.