1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you need a question answering?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Betamale, Feb 25, 2011.

1. DM

DM New commenter

Nope.
    Stare at the previous picture.
    Read the word flora.
    Now select a
    [​IMG]
    of 045 degrees. Read on.

2. aye - i saw't reference, lad - but i go nobbut north-west, where't red rose blooms

3. DM

DM New commenter

But if you travel too far in that direction you are likely to encounter a troublesome Cumbrian lagomorph ...

4. I imagine there is. My concern is the fact that he/she has limited answers to quite a narrow field (ie AS and below) and on ebay.
    A site like yours will inspire far more confidence in your ability than someone offering such a small range of questions.
    Agreed. I can only think its a budding student who has just done well in ther AS. Perhaps next year the A2 modules will be ninja territory

DM,
    Thanks for the avatar. I like that. In terms of questions to be asked. Not sure. I think (as stated in the thread) my AS students would happily pay £25 for a whole paper to be done instead of doing it for homework.
    A recent student email asked "Do I have to use fractions for A level maths as I find them hard to work with...can I use decimals?" now, they are sitting all AS units...oh...in about 10-11 weeks...........

5. as hbf would say
    oh dear
    dm - thank you - that's my 'new word of the week'

6. How about: Let A, B, C be positive reals with ABC = 1. Show that (A- 1 + 1/B)(B - 1 + 1/C)(C - 1 + 1/A)

7. Er, that should be:

Show that (A - 1 + 1/B)(B-1+1/C)(C-1+1/A) is not greater than 1. (The inequality sign seems to have been eaten by the board).