1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you manage to keep your office tidy?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by way2serious, Feb 23, 2011.

1. A serious question! Mine always look like a tornado has swept through it. I go into other HT's offices and they look immaculate - where am I going wrong??

2. A serious question! Mine always look like a tornado has swept through it. I go into other HT's offices and they look immaculate - where am I going wrong??

3. I have a big red box and if anybody is visiting I put everything in there!

4. Oh, I've got one of those too and it is always my holiday job to sort it out before it is filled again. I have sometimes been known to have two! Heads who have tidy offices as a matter of course, please tell me too how you do it!

5. The more HT delegates , the tidier his/her office ?? - Just a theory !

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I tidy my desk/ office when I need thinking time. It feels purposeful, it's useful and it makes me look busy when
    I'm mulling things over.

7. Anyone can tidy up. It's all about your priorities. It's worth thinking about your expectations for others. Do you expect the children to keep their books, trays, tables etc tidy? Do you expect your teachers to set a good example by keeping their tables, notice boards etc tidy. If you do, then perhaps you should think again about your own priorities!
    Actually, it's all about mirror neurons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmEsGQ3JmKg
    They bring a whole new meaning to setting a good example!
    And if you're interested in autism, this takes it further:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8WV1zAh9zU