1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you like seeing book reps?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlecreativedays, Sep 29, 2015.

?

Do you like having book reps coming in?

1. Yes, it's great to see all the new products

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I try to avoid them

100.0%
  1. littlecreativedays

littlecreativedays New commenter

Hi
    We are new company selling puppet making kits based on stories we have written based on curriculum topics and we are thinking of using book reps whilst we start the lengthy process of getting in the catalogues.

Thanks for your help

2. keepthespirit

keepthespirit New commenter

Although its from a few years back now my memories of books reps is feeling obligated ( but not doing) to make some purchase. I much prefer looking for what I want and requesting a visit with a specific intention.
    It is essential, in my view, to avoid the stereotype sales rep. One example is someone who tried to push me into buying a photocopier which was far too large for our needs, and size of staffroom. He became quite huffy when i declined.
    I would look to get articles in local papers or on local radio. Also if you could generate an articles in TES about what you are doing. In another area I engaged some CPD providers who later went on to fame, and fortune. We paid the rate for when starting up !
    Find out when local teachers groups are meeting and ask if you can go along. If you can afford to give samples to selected schools.
    Very best wishes.