1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you like my cake?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by rosaespanola, Jun 25, 2015.

1. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

I've entered an online cake-decorating competition (largely motivated by the fact that the top 10 people get to meet Adorable Edd from GBBO, rather than for recognition of my icing skills), and I'd really appreciate it if anyone can spare 30 seconds to have a quick look and vote for my cake if you genuinely think it's good (it is a cake decorating competition, not a contest to see who has the most friends, after all). You don't have to sign up to anything or enter any details, it's just a case of clicking "vote" then typing in a code to show you're a real person.

The theme was "My dream home" so I did a seaside cake, complete with flying seagull, because I'd love to live on the coast. It's not the most amazing cake ever, but I'm fairly pleased with it as I've only recently got into cake decoration as opposed to just baking. I tried to put a picture on here but the forum seems to be playing up and it won't let me. Here's the link to it though: http://www.oceanfinance.co.uk/loans/cake-off/Entries/?id=cc0653ea-3ed5-4859-a06c-827a44e41d94

Massive thanks if you like it and vote for it!

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Here it is, love the seagull!

[​IMG]

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Thanks for posting it Lapin - I couldn't get the link to work.

I think that's lovely, Rosa. Well done you. Is voting still open?

4. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

5. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

Thanks to both of you - sorry for the very late response, the end of term was very busy, then I was on holiday. I got into the top 10 and went to recreate my cake at the baking festival. I was pleased with how it turned out, I made a couple of changes that I think improved it - I didn't win, but it was fun and I had a nice chat with Edd from GBBO who is a lovely bloke, so it's all good!