1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you know a good Easter Musical or songs for KS2 please ! (no bunnies)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by GeraldineR, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Help please - need your recommendations for a good Easter musical play
    for juniors, or at least some new lively songs about the Easter story to
    make our own assembly. BUT please NO spring chicks, bunnies or
    chocolate !! Instead we need a really good way of covering the Easter
    story (Passion) for our Assembly / church performance. Search-wise
    there's not a lot of competition out there, so has anyone used the
    resources that come up top ?

2. Out of the Ark are always my first choice. Kids love it, easy to use- and always top quality.
    www.outoftheark.co.uk
    LT

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Yes, I agree. In their Songs for Every Easter book there are two songs that I've done and the children really enjoyed singing them - Hosanna and Easter Jubilation. If you follow Little Tigger's link you can hear samples of all the songs in the book.

4. We did ' Sing Easter ' one year, then ' Good News Easter Musical ' the next.
    Both really good - better than the oldies and definately no bunnies or Easter choccies !
    JJ

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. Roll back the stone by and The gospel Show both by starshine tell the easter story.

7. I noticed that Music for Schools Ltd offer free performance licence - sounds good. Don't you just resent it when you buy a musical / play and then have to pay another £20 to perform it ? Yes, I know these companies feel they have to protect their rights but seems a bit steep just for a school production. Here's their small print: http://www.musicforschoolsltd.co.uk/rights.pdf

8. Try The Selfish Giant by Sheila Wilson. It's an allegory of the Easter story and the music is beautiful.