1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you have up to date computer software?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by LauraJane100, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Hi all!
    I was just wondering if you all have up to date software on your computers, including Microsoft word/ PowerPoint etc?
    I use Microsoft office 2010, do most schools have this?
    The reason i'm asking is as I had an interview this morning and everything I had prepared for the board was not compatible!
    Laura x

2. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

I would never assume that Office 2010 would be available. Save any .docx in .doc format, .pptx as .ppt, etc, and you should be fairly safe. Don't assume any other software/smartboard stuff without checking. And always have enough on paper that you can cope if things go wrong - memory stick rejected or something!
    I hope you managed to rescue things and the school were sympathetic to your plight.

3. I did manage to still carry out the lesson so I hope it still went ok (I had a very detailed plan!). I know for next time not to do the same thing!
    Thanks x

4. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

I have a teaching resource site and although I have PowerPoint 2010 and 2003 on my computer I still work in PowerPoint 2000 for that very reason. Many schools don't even have PPT 2003.
    www.ks1resources.co.uk

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Ha!! Up to date software!! I use windows '97. Well I say use.... It takes 20 minutes to boot up and 2 and a half minutes to open a word document.

6. This!

7. and me.... truly dire.

8. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Quite a lot yes! With word, we just make sure the latest compatibility packs are on our system!