1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you have plans for Silver Sunday?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I give customer services the benefit of my views quite regularly! M&S have a system that, apparently randomly, generates a review opportunity at the checkout. I always go on line and fill them in, but have yet to win the £250 reward!

I do fill in online customer service reviews when asked, but wonder how much influence these things have on large companies. I will complain, if necessary, but also get in touch to say thsnk you for good service.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I'm too young for Silver Sunday :)

But I do have silver hair :(

kibosh likes this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My plan is to go the cinema and watch The Martian. Not sure that really ties into the whole 'Silver Sunday' thing.

kibosh likes this.
  5. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

I'll tell you who does take it seriously: Mothercare. I reviewed the (excellent) customer service I received at their store last summer but commented on how ridiculously hot the store was. The assistant looked on the point of fainting and said the aircon had packed up ages ago.
    I got an email back explaining the problem they'd had with getting a company to fix it, that staff were thanked (though I suspect not in cash) for their endurance, and here's a voucher.

kibosh likes this.
  6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Has something happened underneath my radar re entrance to museums? I rather thought (that till the Tories reinstate it) that it was free to use museums/ etc ?
    I will be going to the first birthday of my "honorary grandchild" (my daughters are never going to produce me one - so my lovely friend "adopted" me for the child she had when told she was having an early change. She has cerebral palsy and never ever thought she would be a mum so it is celebrate CELEBRATE all round ! )

7. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I am old enough for Silver Sunday.
    My family don't 'do' silver so I still have dark brown hair. Will I be allowed to take part? :confused:

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I expect that if you could prove you were born during the era when people bought silver cutlery for best, or at least EPNS, you'd be allowed to take part.

Out of interest, as a playist of the spoons, I have a deal of disdain for the "perfectionists" who only only use spoons made from silver. If you hear spoon musicians mention the names of G W Adams, Francis Higgins, Hester Bateman, Richard Crossley and J S Hunt as being the finest of their craft in spoon making, you can be sure the remainder of the conversation will be as dull as the racket their spoons make.

I can assure you that a good spoonist will be just as entertaining with a set from Asda as you will hear from those with poncy spoons and by virtue of the cost of such spoons won't be charging you an arm and a leg to hear his or her performance.